Tuesday 26 June 2012

Elizabeth Arden 'Eight Hour Intensive Facial Daily Moisturiser' Review

Hi everyone!

So most of you will have probably heard of Elizabeth Arden and most famously for the 'Eight Hour' range. So from the hype I decided to try one of the products in the range to see if it was as good as it sounded!


Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Intensive Daily Moisturiser



I have combination skin so sometimes it can be really dry and sometimes really oily!

 When I do get dry skin I need a good moisturiser on my face so my skin does not look patchy when I put on my make-up. I had heard about the Eight Hour Intensive Daily Moisturiser for Face and how good the effects could be so I splashed out and bought it!


What it says:

.......This daily hydrating lotion leaves skin feeling soft, smooth and moisturised for up to 8 hours. Formulated with the perfect blend and aroma of classic Eight Hour Cream even protects the skin from the effects of extreme weather and climate changes while SPF 15 shields skin from the harmful effects of the sun......


The Verdict:

I got this for around £23 from Amazon for a 50ml tube. (Yes it was expensive I know!) I applied it before I put my make-up on and it had a floral/lemon smell to it which can be hit and miss for some people... but I liked it!

It is quite a thick moisituriser unlike some and when I put it on my face and let it soak in I did not find at first it made any difference to my dry patches. I was a little disappointed to find this as it was a lot of money. However....


I decided to keep on using the moisturiser on a daily basis and yes bit by bit my dry patches had gone! I know it does say use daily so I probably was being too eager for it to instantly work (no patience!) I could see that after a few weeks my skin felt smoother. It is also a bonus that is has SPF 15 so good if you are out in the sun too.

I would buy this again in the future but only as a luxury as it it a lot of money to buy all the time as a normal day to day face moisturiser, but if you do have dry skin I would give this a go to see if it works for you!


 Have you tried this? What face moisturisers would you suggest for dry skin? 

2 comments:

  1. thanks for the follow :) I swear by Avene hydrance rich cream and l'occitane ultra rich face cream for my dry skin, I have tried this one but it wasn't quite rich enough for me! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laura :-) I will have a look for those face creams as I am always looking out for a good moisturiser for my skin.

      Delete